Sunday, February 05, 2006

New PC! Yay!

Finally! My new PC's arrived! Here are the specs:
  • MSI K8M800 Motherboard (VIA Chipset)
  • AMD Sempron64 3400+ CPU
  • 512Mb DDR400 RAM
  • 64Mb integrated graphics
I had to put in my existing HDD (80GB, IDE) and CD/DVD drives (CD-RW, DVD-RW), but that wasn't a problem.

And all for £230!

Now everything is so fast, I can hardly keep up with it! I used to double-click on 'My Computer', wait about 10 seconds, and then see the window slowly render, but now, I double-click and, almost before I've finished clicking, it's there! I am astounded. It's just a pity I couldn't acquire the x64 edition of WinXP, that would be even faster!

Oh, and in response to Sionide's comment, I'm going to install Ubuntu 64bit edition as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home