Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New PC! GCSE Options!

Phew, it's been a hectic day!

First, I got my GCSE Options booklet from School! Here are the options I have:

Compulsory courses in:
  • Maths
  • English & English Literature
  • Double Science
  • ECDL ICT (European Computer Driving License - Basic stuff like using word processors etc.)
I also have to take non-tested courses in:
  • Religious Education (Philosophy etc.)
  • Physical Education (I'm rubbish at PE!)
  • Personal Development
  • Citizenship
  • Careers
And the options...
  • Art & Design
  • Business Studies
  • Dance
  • Design & Technology - includes
    1. Systems & Control (Robotics etc.)
    2. Textiles
    3. Resistant Materials (Woodwork, Metalwork etc.)
    4. Food Technology
    5. Graphics
  • Drama
  • Geography
  • German
  • Health & Social care
  • History
  • Home economics
  • Advanced ICT
  • Music
  • Physical Education
  • Religious Studies
  • Spanish
  • French
Out of those, I have to choose four as options. At the moment, I'm thinking of ICT, Geography, Systems & Control & Business Studies. We have a load of meetings and parents-evenings to go to before I actually choose, but I think they're the best for me.

In other news...

My computer broke again! I've decided to buy a new one now though! Hooray for cheap PCs! For £250, I got:
  • AMD Sempron64 3400+ processor
  • 512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
  • 80Gb HDD (the one I already have)
  • 128Mb onboard Graphics (I'll shop around for a better one)
And a load more...
It should be arriving in 3-10 working days, and I'm going to download a 64-bit Linux distro before then, and maybe 'acquire' Windows XP x64 editon from somewhere...

Phew! And an even longer blog! I hope you didn't get bored...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

9:52 AM

 
Blogger jay lassiter said...

why not take mandarin chinese? does your school offer that?

10:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!, Just browsing around for ideas for my new. (While we're at the same topic), I'm just getting started if you want to visit:
connie web hosting services

Charles

2:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home