Sunday, August 20, 2006

Warhammer

About a week ago, someone asked me whether my hobbies included making & using Warhammer models, and I don't think I really said "no" very well, and I might have offended some people. :(
So now, I decided to rectify my position on such matters, in case it ever crops up again in the future.

I said on IRC that I thought people in the UK who owned Warhammer and made them and battled with them and stuff were considered "losers", but what I don't think I said is that I have no idea why. Why should someone be considered a loser because they can contribute the time and effort to making and painting these clever little figures? I have realised now the main reason is probably because the other people are envious that they can't do things like that. ;)
Ofcourse, as I have been told many times before, anyone can do it if they try, but not everyone thinks that.

I think that I probably could make some nice models if I put enough effort into it, but that's not the problem. I'm not really a very creative person at all, I like my icons on my desktop arranged in neat groups, and I like drawing things for a certain isometric grid game very much. I just can't see myself sitting down for hours at a time and painstakingly painting these little creatures.
I can see myself, however, sitting down for hours and programming a game, or writing PHP for a website.

So there you have it. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who does own Warhammer, but, likewise, I will most probably never be persuaded to use it myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou Jonty :)

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home