Saturday, June 17, 2006

Office 2007!

That’s right, I’ve now installed Beta 2 of Office 2007. It came free on my PC Advisor magazine coverdisk, and it’ll work until February 2007.


 

I’m actually publishing this post through the new blogging features in Word, and so far, it seems to work very well. The biggest innovation I have seen is this new ‘Ribbon’ interface, completely doing away with the traditional menus to favour a simpler, better-looking interface. My mum says she doesn’t like it, but I think it’s great! Now I can access just about any settings without looking through mountains of menus and dialog boxes. The way it works, is you select which category of settings you want to access from the bar across the top, and the ribbon changes to display related things. So, if I click Insert, it comes up with options for adding images and charts to the document, and if I click Formatting it comes up with all the font options.

MS have completely gotten rid of the Windows XP interface and used Office’s own window decorations so everything fits together better as well, and it looks very nice. While this is a Beta, it has almost all the features the full version will have, and it hardly crashes at all.

All in all, I think I’ll stick with this until it stops working, and keep downloading Vista B2 aswell!

Public beta testing ftw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home